Open Skate & Hockey Hours
Important Safety Guidelines during reopening Phase 1 (Begins July 6, 2020)
Based on current capacity and social distancing guidelines:
- OPEN SKATE and OPEN HOCKEY WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE
This is a great family activity that all are sure to love! Open skate is open to the public for all ages. Sticks and pucks are not allowed. Private lessons are allowed (if space allows in middle of rink inside) but no music or routines can be practiced.
- View the current open skating schedule. Please Note: Winter (Nov-Feb) Sunday Open Skating hours are 4:30-6 p.m.
- VMCC is offering Open Freestyle Skating (more info below)! $8/person; $70/10x Pass holders
Call 651-450-2585 for an questions.
- Members of the Community Center: Free*
- 18 years old and older without skate rental*: $5
- 17 years old and younger without skate rental*: $4
*Skate rental: $2 (we have child and adult sizes available for rent).
Open Skate Fun Nights
Come enjoy an evening of fun with your family on skates during one of our themed open skate events. Come dressed to match the
theme! Fees are the same as above Open Skate fees.
Check back often for upcoming dates!
Skate with a Cop | POSTPONED
We will reschedule this Open Skating event in the fall 2020. Look for more details in the upcoming Fall brochure which will come out early August.
Open Freestyle Skate
Join us for open freestyle skating. This is ice time for figure skaters to work on edge work and routines. This is designed for skaters to bring a coach to develop and practice routines. Skaters share the entire ice surface and can take turns as needed using bigger or smaller portions of the ice to work on edges, moves and routines. They can also play their music for their routines which they cannot do at open skating. Great time to work on your figure skating skills with or without a coach.
VMCC is offering Open Freestyle Skating on Sundays in our East Rink! Weekday morning and afternoon times vary. ALAYS check the schedule online before leaving for the rink as it is the most up-to-date.
- View the Open Freestyle Skate schedule
Fees: $8/non-member, $8/Community Center members or $70/10x pass
Open Hockey Hours & Rules
- Adult Open Hockey (For players 18 and older)
- Helmet Required
- Youth 12-17 (For players 13-17)
- Full gear preferred; helmet required
- Youth 5-11 (For players 5-11) parent / guardian must be in the building
- Full gear required
- View the current open hockey schedule
Fees: $6/non-member. Community Center Member/Free