Recycling and Trash
The City of Inver Grove Heights and Dakota County collaborate to provide our community resources on how to reduce, reuse, and properly dispose of unwanted items. Please review the following links for more information:
- Food Waste Prevention: Did you know 40% of food in the U.S ends up in the trash? Learn how you can help reduce wasted food.
- Fix-It Clinics: Do you have an items that needs to be fixed or mended? Bring it to a Fix-Clinic to have it fixed for free.
- Dakota County Reuse Guide: Learn of local opportunities to donate and purchase reusable goods.
Properly Dispose of Items - Recycle and Trash
- Collection and Disposal Requirements: Review the city's requirements for trash and recycling collection and disposal.
- Community Collection Events: Opportunities for our community to recycle and dispose of unwanted items
- Recycle and Disposal Guide (Green Guide): Use this guide to learn how to properly dispose of an unwanted item.
- The Recycling Zone: Learn more about the recycling opportunities open to all Dakota County residents provided by The Recycling Zone. Opportunities are available for small businesses as well.
- Organics Recycling: Find more information regarding organics recycling opportunities, yard waste disposal and more.
- Business Recycling and Disposal: Find information and funding opportunities to implement or improve recycling at your business.
- Master Recycler/Composter (MRC) Program: Do you want to learn more about recycling, composting, waste reduction and more? Visit this page to learn how you can become a Master Recycler/Composter and inspire others to help reduce waste in Dakota County.
- Fix-It Clinics: Do you know how to fix things, such as mend clothing or tinker with electronics? Learn more about how you can help fix your neighbors' broken items.
- IGH Recycling Events: Contact Ally Hillstrom at 651-604-8511 to learn of recycling related volunteer opportunities in Inver Grove Heights.