Active Adults Ages 55+
Updated May 27
Details on new program dates and times will be posted on our Recreation page and on our social media pages as they become available. City Hall and VMCC are closed to the public until further notice.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
We are excited to offer programs, events and activities tailored to Active Adults 55+ which encourage healthy and active living. A membership to the Community Center or the Senior Club is NOT required for the majority of activities and programs. IF membership is required for either, it IS noted with the specific activity or event.
Most of our activities, programs and events are located at the Veterans Memorial Community Center in Community Room 2 (8055 Barbara Avenue, Inver Grove Heights, 55077).
Learn more about the IGH Senior Club below, which is a membership club with annual fees. Senior Club members enjoy discounts on many programs and events, as well as additional program and event opportunities tailored to members.
Changes for the Scoop Newsletter in 2020
Scoop will be offered ONLY in the Parks & Recreation Brochure beginning March 2020
Find the most recent version of the Parks & Rec brochure at: www.invergroveheights.org/151/Current-Brochure
We understand that many of you still value having a printed brochure each season and we are aiming to keep this simple, informative and cost effective. Therefore, the Scoop will now be offered in the Parks & Recreation Brochure - available three times a year for Summer, Fall and Winter/Spring.
Features of the Scoop Newsletter were carried forward into this new combination including:
- Monthly Calendars
- Day Trips
- Speakers and Programs
- IGH Senior Club info.
We hope you find this new format a great way to get the valuable information regarding the specialized programming developed just for this demographic!
Below, are a few additional publications which provide information about Active Adult 55 + programs, events and services:
Looking for great camaraderie and fun? The senior club is a group that offers all of that through programs, weekly card games, monthly luncheons and more!
Membership is $15 for the year, which includes discounts on Club activities organized by volunteer members. The membership cycle is Jan.-Dec. Club activities are held at Veterans Memorial Community Center, Community Room 2.
Note: You do not have to be a senior club member to do other Active Adult 55+ programs, events and activities.
Monthly Luncheons with Entertainment
Held the third Monday of every month from Noon to 2 p.m. in Community Room 2:
Register by phone: 651-450-2585 or online here
- CANCELLED for April & May 2020
- June 15: Members Only - Lasagna & BINGO
- July 20: Chicken from the Coop, Entertainment & BINGO
- August 17: Lloyds BBQ Beef & BINGO
Weekly Card Games (no need to register. Simply show up!)
THESE SOCIAL CARD GAMES ARE CANCELLED THROUGH APRIL 30
- 500: Mondays at 12:45 p.m.
- Penny Bingo: Third Tuesday of every month at 12:45 p.m.
- Bridge: Wednesdays at 12:15 p.m.
- Euchre: Thursdays at 12:45 p.m.
Senior Club Book Club
This group is for Senior Club members only and meets the second TUESDAY of every month at 1 p.m. at the VMCC. Note: Room location will be posted in the VMCC on the day of the club. Learn more about the Senior Club and how to join above.
- June 9
- July 14
- August 11
History Book Club
Meets the fourth MONDAY of every month from 10 - 11 a.m. at the VMCC. Discuss selected books with this free, drop-in group, no registration is required. For more information or to provide book suggestions, contact Barbara Eschle at 651-450-6879 or by email at email@example.com Note: Room location will be posted in the VMCC on the day of the club.
- June 1 - Cleopatra-A Life by Stacy Schiff (No meting May 25)
- June 22 - The Mastermind: Drugs. Empire. Murder. Betrayal by Evan Ratliff
- July 27 - (TBD)
- August 24 (TBD)
All trips depart from/return to IGH at VMCC (8055 Barbara Ave), Community Room 2. Please check-in 15 minutes prior to departure.
- April 22: Mobsters in Minneapolis (CANCELLED)
- May 6: Music Man at Chanhassen Dinner Theater (POSTPONED)
- June 16: Barn Tour w/Doug Ohman
- July 29: Cabaret at the Guthrie Theater (CANCELLED-Guthrie Theater closed through summer)
- Sept. 15: MN Landscape Arboretum
- Oct. 1: Glacial Ridge Winery
More information on departure times, trip info and online registration here
Great educational opportunities on a variety of topics.
- May 19: Where There’s a WILL, There’s (not always) a Way - Jeff Litfin, Certified Estate Planner
- June 11: Socializing Online - Ray the Computer Guy
- June 16: Who Will Inherit THE MESS? - Jeff Litfin, Certified Estate Planner
- July 14: The 25 Documents Needed Before You Pass Away - Jeff Litfin, Certified Estate Planner
- July 15: Winter Escape - Landmark Tours Vacation Planners
- July 22: Long Term Care Housing Options - Darts
Happy Feet Foot Services
On the fourth TUESDAY of every month enjoy a 30 minute appointment with a nurse to receive a foot soak, nail trim, foot massage and treatment. Call 763-560-5136 to set up an appointment.